Monday, 24 January 2011

Thrifting is a Girl's Best Friend




"You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well that's what it's like when I see a store. Only it's better"- Confessions of a Shopaholic
I'm a girl, and like many others like me, I LOVE TO SHOP. There really is nothing like that feeling of buying a new addition to your wardrobe and bringing it home and having it all to yourself. But for me, there's nothing like buying something for a bargain, which is why I love THRIFT STORES! My most recent purchase was a knee-length black draped evening gown for £4.99 (I'd say it was worth around £50). To make the dress more "me", I shortened the hemline (with a few snips of the scissors) and voila, the perfect dress for under five pounds. The same day I found a pair of cherry red penny loafers for £2, and although they pinch a little on my toes and give me a tiny blister on my left heel, they're well worth it. Thrifting is the perfect way to get your hands on affordable vintage and one-off pieces and even the occasional rare designer find! I know some people are kind of sceptical about buying second hand, but there's always the dry cleaners or even just a washing machine, so give it a try, you'd be surprised at what you find and how much you save.

No comments:

Post a Comment