Monday, 24 January 2011

Beauty Special: Nails

Today I'm looking at nails. For as long as I can remember, Chanel have lead the way when it comes to on-trend and iconic nail colours, but at £16.25 a bottle they're more wish-list than shopping basket. I've only ever bought one Chanel Le Vernis nail enamel (in 453 Magnolia Rose, left) and was extremely disappointed. The varnish was too thick and took almost an hour to fully dry and looked gloopy and heavy on the nails. I still don't understand what all the hype is about, the only quality of the nail varnish was the actual colour. Because of the popularity of Chanel's nail colours (they're often sell-outs) they are often imitated, step in Barry M nail paint (in 992 Baby Pink, right). This two-coat polish is thin enough to dry quickly but thick enough to give a strong, neat colour. Two thin coats can make nails look manicured to perfection, and at only £2.99 you can make like me and buy the whole collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment